Choosing Your English Stay
If you seek merely to brush up your English, this is the ideal length of stay. You could also decide to opt for several such stays of one week. The DialoguE course enables you to do it this way since we guarantee you won't forget what you have learned.
If you studied English at school or if you can speak a little English this is the appropriate course for you. It will give you confidence and enable you to communicate in the language.
If you are not a beginner a 3 week stay will enable you to achieve ambitious goals. At the end of the period you will be able to negotiate effectively in English.
If you are an absolute beginner we suggest that you start with a stay of at least 3 or 4 weeks, but 2 or 3 weeks may suffice for a German speaker.
It is equally possible to spread your training over several weekends or some days over a period of weeks. Do not hesitate to phone us. Together we can make the best decision for you, the one which enable you to meet your own goals in learning English.
You choose the course which is most appropriate for you. You can make the choice on your own or after talking with us at DialoguE. According to the level of the lessons the course is classified as:
|"Intensive"||at least 4 private lessons a day|
|"Very intensive"||at least 6 private lessons a day|
|"Super intensive"||at least 8 private lessons a day|
Each private lesson lasts 45 minutes.
THE "INTENSIVE" STAY (4 PRIVATE LESSONS A DAY)
If you wish to keep some free time for private study or if you wish to make the most of your holiday and learn or improve your English the intensive stay will be appropriate. It will enable you to make substantial progress in English but will leave the afternoons free for golf, touring, a health cure at the baths, etc.
THE "VERY INTENSIVE" STAY (6 PRIVATE LESSONS A DAY)
If you wish to keep a little time for private study and to make maximum progress, you will opt for the very intensive stay. This is the type of stay chosen by those who study English for professional reasons.
THE "SUPER INTENSIVE" STAY (8 PRIVATE LESSONS A DAY)
You should choose the super intensive course if you have only a minimum of time to devote to learning English (one or two weeks) or if you prefer to revise lessons alongside one of your teachers.
This decision can be made when you arrive in accordance with your objectives and needs; it can be modified from time to time. If you have no particular wishes DialoguE will offer a choice of four types of totally personalized lessons:
LESSON OF FREE EXPRESSION:
- to improve and perfect your expression and communication skills;
- to eradicate errors that you make spontaneously;
- to improve your delivery, your manner;
- to enable you to express your feelings and opinions.
AUDIO VISUAL LESSON:
- to improve your listening skills;
- to give you an automatic command of essential features of grammar appropriate to your level;
- to enlarge your general vocabulary;
- to learn, to understand and be able to repeat or summarize what you have heard spoken.
LESSON OF SPECIALIZED VOCABULARY:
- to extend your professional or specific vocabulary;
- to make it easier to undertake jobs for which you need competence in English;
- to simulate professional situations;
- if desired, we can arrange exchanges with various English speaking associates, such as businessman, lawyers, doctors, with whom you can converse about your special interests; afterwards, we will review the conversation with you so that you obtain the maximum benefit from the exchange with the specialist.
LESSON TO IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND PRONUNCIATION:
- to hear distinctly sounds that do not exist in your native language;
- to hear every word in a sentence;
- to improve your ability to remember the details of what you hear;
- to improve your pronunciation.
Don't forget to bring your professional documents if you would like to integrate them into your course. At the end of your stay you will take away your personal audio CD on which you will find the essence of what you have learned and the assessment of your stay. You may also purchase additional materials enabling you to continue to make progress in the form of personalized exercises notebooks, CD or CD-ROM.